Wednesday 7 April 2010

Israel Matzav: 'You were right about Obama'

'You were right about Obama'

Professor William Jacobson recounts a conversation with a friend who had been an Obama supporter (Hat Tip: Instapundit).

I haven't spoken to my friend in many months, probably since the fall or summer. So I was pleased when his name showed up as an incoming call on my cell phone, although I wondered how we would dance around the subject of Him.

The first sentence out of his mouth was, "Let's get it out of the way, you were right about Obama."

Not being satisfied with mere contrition, I asked him whether he was bs-ing me, and he said no, he meant it.

My friend spends half the year in Florida along with his similarly ancient friends. He's predicting a "Republican sweep" in November, although his dissatisfaction with Obama is not the result of a conversion to conservatism. He feels that Obama broke so many promises, and "he's just another politician."

If Obama has lost my friend, the Frank Rich-loving, Sarah Palin-hating greedy Democratic geezer that he is, the Democrats are in deep electoral trouble.

From your lips to God's ears.

And please allow me to add with respect to Israel that I told you so.

Israel Matzav: 'You were right about Obama'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...