Thursday 11 March 2010

Israel Matzav: Israeli supermarket spoof of Dubai liquidation

Israeli supermarket spoof of Dubai liquidation

The day got off to a late start - the power went off during the night and without the alarm clock, I did not wake up for my normal sunrise service. Now, I have to drive the boys to school or they will be late. And many of the roads here are closing from 9:00 - 11:00 for Biden to go to Tel Aviv.

I will be liveblogging Biden's speech at 11:00 am Israel time. If I get back by then....

In the meantime, here's a good story (Hat Tip: Will).

In the advert for Mahsanei Kimat Hinam shops, disguised customers prowl the supermarket's aisles and an actress wearing a wide-brimmed hat says she: "cannot admit to anything". The final line is: "We offer killer prices".

Advertising executive Sefi Shaked said the campaign was inspired by the original footage.

"We were fascinated by the technique of using surveillance cameras instead of high-production cameras, and the latest events in Dubai have us a great opportunity," he said.

"It's a parody, a take-off of what happened in Dubai. All the Israeli television comedy shows have done it, so why shouldn't we?" he added.

I'll try to find the video later.

UPDATE 3:55 PM

I didn't find the whole commercial, but I did find a report about it from British TV, so let's go to the videotape.



Israel Matzav: Israeli supermarket spoof of Dubai liquidation

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...