Wednesday 3 March 2010

Israel Matzav: Farrakhan: 'Obama's difficulties started when he stood up to the Jewish lobby'

Farrakhan: 'Obama's difficulties started when he stood up to the Jewish lobby'

Speaking to 20,000 people at Chicago's United Center on Sunday night, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan railed that President Obama's difficulties started when he stood up to the 'Jewish lobby.'

[I]n a 3½-hour Saviours' Day speech Sunday, Farrakhan said Obama's current political difficulties began when he stood up to the Jewish lobby during an Oval Office meeting.

"When they left the White House, his problems began," Farrakhan said.

"The Zionists are in control of the Congress."

Referring to Obama's chief economic advisers Timothy Geithner, Henry Paulson and Larry Summers, Farrakhan said, "Who does he have around him? The people from Goldman Sachs."

The "bloodsuckers of the poor" were rewarded with a bailout, he said.

Anti-Defamation League Director Abraham Foxman responded: "Anybody who thought the old Farrakhan was gone: He never was. It's the same Farrakhan: ugly and anti-Semitic. With age, he doesn't get milder, he gets uglier."

Curiously, the Sun Times notes that

Obama distanced himself from Farrakhan before the presidential election because of Farrakhan's long history of anti-Semitic remarks.

Just like he 'distanced himself' from Farrakhan's friend Jeremiah Wright.

I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community. I can no more disown him than I can my white grandmother — a woman who helped raise me, a woman who sacrificed again and again for me, a woman who loves me as much as she loves anything in this world, but a woman who once confessed her fear of black men who passed by her on the street, and who on more than one occasion has uttered racial or ethnic stereotypes that made me cringe.

- Barack Obama on his mentor Rev. Wright, 3/18/08

I'd bet Obama feels the same way about Farrkhan.

What could go wrong?


Israel Matzav: Farrakhan: 'Obama's difficulties started when he stood up to the Jewish lobby'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...