Wednesday 16 December 2009

Israel Matzav: Gazans using painkillers to drown their sorrows

Gazans using painkillers to drown their sorrows

The 'Palestinian' Ma'an news site reports that Gazans have been taking painkillers - particularly Tramadol - to escape their reality. And although the article refers to the 'besieged Gaza Strip,' if the three stories cited are representative, they can't really blame Israel for this one (Hat Tip: Judeopundit).

Suad, 17, takes the painkillers secretly and without her family’s consent. She says she has been a Tramal-addict for over a year.

Suad’s first dose was given to her by a peer during a school break. “I feel I can’t do without Tramal, and I try to save any money I get so I can buy the pills. I fear the pills will suffocate me, and I bear a grudge against myself especially when I try to avoid my mother’s questions about my health and the obvious exhaustion and redness in my eyes,” Suad said.

Muna is a Gazan woman who took her first Tramal dose unwillingly when her husband dissolved the medicine in her tea. “My husband was a drug addict, and he spent a lot of money on drugs. After he was fed up with my demands that he give up drugs, he secretly dissolved Tramal and other drugs into my tea several times until I began taking the medicine myself.”

“Anyone who goes through what I went through will be forced to take painkillers even if they become an addict,” says Imam, a university student who was shot in the knee by masked gunmen during factional violence in 2007. He says he feels dizzy and lightheaded when he takes the pills, and that it hampers his studies.

I trust that most of you are not drugged by your spouses and haven't participated in 'factional violence.' And I hope that if you're a teenager, you're not taking anything without your parents' knowledge and permission.

The drug is even manufactured in Gaza, so they can't blame Israel for sending it there either. But that doesn't mean that they won't blame Israel anyway. You don't expect the 'Palestinians' to take responsibility for their own actions, do you?

Israel Matzav: Gazans using painkillers to drown their sorrows

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...