Thursday 18 March 2010

Shiloh Musings: The New York Times Agenda, Against Israel

The New York Times Agenda, Against Israel

Before illustrating the organized and vicious campaign in the New York Times and by the Obama administration against Israel, I'm showing you a couple of pictures to illustrate the location of Ramat Shlomo. It's in a Jerusalem forest, former no-man's land.





I photographed these yesterday when traveling the "Ramot Road" on my way to downtown Jerusalem. I rolled down the car-window, but we couldn't stop. Ramat Shlomo was built on empty land, between other Jerusalem neighborhoods, Ramat Eshkol, French Hill, Ramot and the Har Chotzvim Industrial Park.

New York Times op-ed columnist, Maureen Dowd admits that she's a spokesperson for the Arabs repeatedly mentioning that Arab officials spoke to her about Israel.
At least she's on the opinion page.

"Prince Saud al-Faisal, the Saudi foreign minister, warned me..."
"Arab leaders groused to me..."



And about Obama and his advisers, I think they've gotten it all wrong.

“That’s not how you treat your best friend,” said one Obama official.

Reverse that, please. You're neither acting nor speaking like a friend of Israel. Israel ought to rethink its relationship to the United States. Obama sure doesn't treat Israel like a friend.

Another of the New York Times op-ed columnists, Thomas Friedman, can't see the forest for the trees. His recent article details the disagreements, anarchy and unstable leadership among the Pseudostinian, aka Palestinian sic, leadership, but he doesn't take his observations a crucial step further. It's obvious that none of these Arab leaders, even the most moderate and western, are capable of guaranteeing peace and stability for the Middle-east and security for Israel. It just won't work.

The entire concept of "two states" is an unworkable mistake. It's like expecting Santa Claus to cover your credit card bill for Xmas presents. America can live in La-la Land, but I'm too pragmatic for that. My life and further and the future existence of my country require that I think for myself and not trust any foreign leaders nor the media. Dowd refers to a "defiant Israel." Let her call us whatever she wishes. I don't care what she thinks. Her antipathy is obvious.

We in Israel must make our own decisions about what's best for our secuity and our future. Let the world butt out!

Shiloh Musings: The New York Times Agenda, Against Israel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...