Thursday 11 February 2010

Israel Matzav: 'I'd rather starve than coach Israel'

'I'd rather starve than coach Israel'

Saying that he'd rather starve than coach an Israeli team, Hassan Shehata, coach of the Egyptian national soccer team, rejected an interviewer's suggestion that he should consider coaching the Israeli national team.

“[E]ven if it was the only team that requests my services, I wouldn’t agree [to coach it],” Army Radio reported.

“It would be more honorable to me and my family if I die of hunger rather than consider coaching the Israeli team,” Shehata said.

...

“I understand the source of Israel’s jealousy as far as the success of the Egyptian team goes, but I cannot consider visiting Israel or coaching its team,” he said. “Even if it was the only team in the world and requested my services I would refuse – how could they think that I would come to coach the team of a country that murders children, women and the elderly, and help elevate the name of the team that represents occupation?”

“All my life I’ve heard that Israel kills Arabs, fires missiles and destroys Arab villages, but this is the first time in my life that I’ve heard that in Israel they play soccer,” he said.

Moron.

By the way, didn't I hear that the Egyptians lost to Algeria in the World Cup qualifier? Heh.


Israel Matzav: 'I'd rather starve than coach Israel'

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...