Wednesday 20 January 2010

Muqawama - Resistance

Muqawama - Resistance

Almost two years ago I wrote a post about Muqawama - the strategy of the Islamists to achieve their goal through Resistance. At the time I was citing Ehud Yaari, and also using the concept as a supplement to an analysis by Avi Issacharoff and Amos Harel. I recommend having a look at that old post both as a reminder of Yaari's thesis, and because the Issacharoff-Harel analysis is still so relevant. Why, just this week Richard Pearson was talking about the matter here in the comments section; the Mondoweis folks do it all the time.

Anyway, today Barry Rubin has an article about the same Muqawama, though he only uses the English term. Since he, and Yaari, and Issacharoff and others are probably right, but their point is hard to find in the general media, I'm doing my small bit to push it.
Originally posted by Yaacov Lozowick's Ruminations

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...