Thursday 10 December 2009

Israel Matzav: Freedom of religion, Israeli style: Father and daughter arrested on suspicion of trying to pray

Freedom of religion, Israeli style: Father and daughter arrested on suspicion of trying to pray

I've mentioned before that I don't go to the Temple Mount because my rabbi doesn't allow it. But this is unbelievable.

Jerusalem police detained a Jewish father and daughter in on suspicion the two tried to prey pray in the Temple Mount complex, in violation of the law. The two were taken in for investigation.

I fixed the English a little bit.

How can you arrest someone on 'suspicion of trying to pray'? What are the elements of the 'crime'? If I make a blessing quietly to myself, does that violate the law? And even if I make the blessing out loud in an unobtrusive matter, what's wrong with that? Why are we acting like dhimmis?


Israel Matzav: Freedom of religion, Israeli style: Father and daughter arrested on suspicion of trying to pray

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...