Saturday 7 November 2009

Israel Matzav: What would you do?

What would you do?

Here are my impressions of what Aussie Dave called the Dore Gold v. Richard Goldstone cage match debate.

Overall, I really felt that Dore Gold won the debate. That assessment is based on the audience reaction and on the comprehensiveness of his presentation. Goldstone seemed dumbfounded at the slides and video that Gold produced.

I was surprised that most of the crowd was not hostile. I was prepared for a crowd that would react with much hostility to Gold and Israel. That was not the case for the most part.

Once the videos are online and you've had a chance to see them, I believe you will agree with me.

I entitled this post "What would you do?" because that was the question Gold left with the audience: What would you do if you were facing the situation that Israel was facing from Gaza?

Gold managed to get in all the points he wanted. He even worked in the Iranian arms ship seizure on Wednesday.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to shut this post off for now - I'm losing my Internet connection. Will try to post more later Thursday night or Friday morning (I'm still in Boston now).

Israel Matzav: What would you do?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...