Friday 27 March 2009

HATRED TRUMPS FACTS (ALWAYS...)





A Palestinian who writes for an Israeli newspaper wanders around America talking at campuses. He repeatedly encounters a vocal minority who aren't even slightly interested in what he has to say, unless he castigates Israel. When he doesn't always, they turn on him with fury, and attack him for not being attuned to the circumstances of the Palestinians; when he cites facts he is threatened:




I never imagined that I would need police protection while speaking at a university in the U.S. I have been on many Palestinian campuses in the West Bank and Gaza Strip and I cannot recall one case where I felt intimidated or where someone shouted abuse at me.




Nice, isn't it?





taken from:Yaacov Lozowick's Ruminations (http://yaacovlozowick.blogspot.com/)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...