Thursday 19 February 2009

SEVEN (NON) JEWISH CHILDREN



Caryl Churchill, a British lady who undoubtedly gets her news from the Guardian, has written a play titled Seven Jewish Children. She published it even as the Gaza operation was underway, and it is being performed at London's Royal Court Theatre. The Lede, a New York Times blog, has a round up of various responses to it so far; some think it's antisemitic, others think not. Ms Churchill herself states near the end of the text that


Caryl Churchill has asserted her moral right to be identified as the author of this work


which, you'll just have to pardon me for saying, is extremely funny.

Someday, as I've already say, I ought to write a book titled "How to Tell an Antisemite" (meaning how to recognize one, and how to tell it, gently, that that's what it is, without hurting its feelings). At the moment my excuse not to is that I have to make a living. However, if anyone would like to support me for, say, a year or so, then my excuse might have to be that I probably aren't enough of a masochist to immerse fully in this filth. Still, if it's in a good cause... Nah. A futile cause.
taken from : Yaacov Lozowick's Ruminations (http://yaacovlozowick.blogspot.com/)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...